Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/fellwock/public_html/wp-content/plugins/xml-google-maps/xmlgooglemaps_dbfunctions.php on line 10
Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/fellwock/public_html/wp-content/plugins/xml-google-maps/xmlgooglemaps_dbfunctions.php on line 10
A second luxury apartment complex is proposed for Springwoods Village, a master-planned community north of Houston.
Martin Fein Interests Ltd. plans to build a six story, 268 unit apartment project called The Mark at CityPlace Springwoods Village.
The longtime Houston apartment developer announced Dec. 8th it has purchased 3.75 acres from CDC Houston to build The Mark. CDC Houston, the local subsidiary of New York based Coventry Development Corp., is the master developer of Springwoods Village, a 1,800 acre community near The Woodlands and home to the new Exxon Mobil campus.
The Mark is expected to break ground by mid-2015, with an estimated completion date in the third quarter of 2017.
Proposed plans for The Mark call for one-, two-, and three-bedroom apartments ranging in size from 572 square feet to nearly 1,600 square feet. The units will feature 10-foot ceilings, wood floors, stone countertops, tile backsplashes, stainless steel appliances and built-in lights underneath custom cabinets. Several units will overlook CityPlace lake and the community’s parks and trails.
Common amenities include the following:
- a gourmet demonstration kitchen with a dining and entertaining area
- A university-style library with free Wi-Fi, charging stations and adjoining conference rooms
- Club area with billiard tables and several flat-screen televisions
- Fitness center with separate yoga and spinning studios
- Spa with private treatment rooms
- Outdoor sundeck with a lap pool and resort-style pool with poolside cabanas and outdoor kitchen
The Mark is expected to be certified LEED Silver, and features a centralized “TEAL” hot water system and energy efficient dual-paned windows, a/c and heating systems.
Earlier this year, Fein opened its first apartment project in Springwoods Village. Residents have signed 100 leases at The Belvedere, a four story, 342 unit luxury apartment complex located at 2323 East Mossy Oaks Road.
The Mark takes several luxury elements from The Belvedere, but will be located in CityPlace, a $10 billion mixed-use community on 60 acres inside Springwoods Village. The urban, mixed-use development will feature The Mark as well as 4 million square feet of Class A office space, retail space and a full-service luxury hotel.
Developers hope The Mark at CityPlace will attract young professionals from Exxon Mobil’s new corporate campus, Southwestern Energy’s new headquarters and the CHI St. Luke’s medical campus. These new energy campuses and hospitals are spurring a multi-family boom in the suburbs north of Houston.
Several apartment projects going up near The Woodlands include:
- Woodlofts, a mid-rise, 350 unit multi-family project on 5.2 acres at the northeast corner of Interstate 45 North and David J. Vetter Boulevard in Shanandoah, Texas. The developers are Houston based Buckhead Investment Partners Inc. and Northgulf ZSP principals Carlos Gonzalez and Zane Segal.
- Broadstone Woodmill Creek, a four story, 380 unit multi-family project on 6 acres in Woodmill Creek, a new master-planned community at 1823 Sawdust Road between the new Exxon Mobil campus and The Woodlands Town Center. The developer is Alliance Residential Co., based in Phoenix.