Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/fellwock/public_html/wp-content/plugins/xml-google-maps/xmlgooglemaps_dbfunctions.php on line 10
Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/fellwock/public_html/wp-content/plugins/xml-google-maps/xmlgooglemaps_dbfunctions.php on line 10
Houston is by far the country’s number one job creator, the home of America’s booming energy industry, is more diverse than New York City and lets you stretch a paycheck farther than anywhere else in the country. For those of you who are new to our city and do not know, lets give you some facts.
- It’s got the jobs. Houston is the country’s number one city for job creation. By a lot!!!
- Its unemployment rate is far below the national level.
- A paycheck goes farther in Houston than any other major metropolitan area.
- Housing is affordable.
- Houston did not experience a housing bubble the way the rest of the country did.
- It’s home to more Fortune 500 headquarters than anywhere in America except for New York.
- It’s one of the centers of America’s booming oil and gas industry.
- Massive international trad gives another big jobs boost to the rapidly growing city.
- Houston is called Space City for a reason; it’s home of the NASA Astronaut Corps.
- The New York Times calls it “one of the country’s most exciting places to eat.”
- A spectacular range of ethnic cuisines, fantastic seafood, and great barbecue.
- The Astros, the Texans, the Rockets and Dynamo are all winners
- It hosts the world’s largest concentration of health care organizations, with scientists working hard to beat cancer.
- The city is filled with world-class and unique museums and cultural landmarks, like the Rothko Chapel.
- The combination of The University of Houston and Rice University means there are a bunch of smart people around.
- Houston recently passed New York to become the most ethnically and racially diverse city in America.
- And finally, it’s a great place for Southern hip hop!